Monday, July 30, 2012

How to slow down my fantasymaking machine?

I have an overactive mind. I'm almost always thinking. I fantasize about virtually everything. About me, about people, about different situations, about the future, the world. I especially have a lot of emotional and erotic fantasies. This is not necessarily a bad thing. But I think it's out of my control now. I can't concentrate. I can't do my work without fantasizing about irrelevant things.

The problem is that those feelings are not satisfied in me. And I don't see them being satisfied in the future. And that, I think, is the reason why my fantasies get out of control. Whenever I feel some good emotional support, fantasizing activity of my mind drops. Then I feel my mind is more free, and I can do more things. But most of the time (almost always) that's not the case: I crave attention, support and contact, and since these are not satisfied, my mind automatically starts fantasizing about them, maybe to create a fake sense of emotional contact for me. I know I would still fantasize even if I received enough emotional support, because maybe that's part of my personality. But I know it would be to a healthy amount, not out of control, as it is now.

Is there any cure for this? I'm really suffering. I know what the real cure is, but I don't have it right now. I want an alternative cure. Any advice would be appreciated.

Send your advice to Grwnuparium, Strangers' Section, Angulo de la Espero.

No comments:

Post a Comment