Friday, August 10, 2012

Words, attitude, life

*** This may be disturbing. Please don't read it if you don't care about my problems! ***

When a person is having suicidal ideation, it's not a good idea to tell them "Please don't talk about that again!", "What about your family?", or shake your head with a sense of regret. It is best to avoid such attitude, and pay attention to the person, listen to them, and make them feel they are understood. There are many reasons that may cause a person to think about suicide, but one major cause is feeling lonely. When a person is lonely and talks about suicide, it's a clear sign that they are thinking about it, probably more seriously than the way they are talking about it. When they are faced with guilt and judgment, it obviously doesn't help them with their situation. They will probably feel more lonely, and if there are no help from the outside to weaken that feeling, not surprisingly it could lead to suicide. (Source: some authentic medical websites on the internet)

***

I'm lonely. I really think no one cares about me...

and I'm having some serious suicidal thinking from time to time.

And I think there is no single person in my life who won't blame me if I tell them something about those thoughts.

I know, I know... I should be strong... I should be independent of my environment... I shouldn't think about negative ideas... I should be positive... I should be responsible... I should... I shouldn't... should... shouldn't... should...

Yea, that's it! Problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment